Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring time in Boston!


I really needed a little break.  Although this seems a bit hyperbolic, I think I had some kind of psychological crack last month.  The past 2 years have been dedicated entirely to sport.  All the other things I used to do, were pushed aside.  Part of the reason was that I felt I needed to give my mind a rest - I felt mentally exhausted; the other part of the reason was that I truly was enjoying myself.  Still, the ancient Greeks did advocate moderation in all things, and this I have found to be true.
Once I started on my list of 101 things do to, I rediscovered the pleasure of German verb drills.  Reading non-sports books started awakening my mind again, and I also started feeling that I wanted to pick up my musical instrument again.  I had not played it in years, and it is terribly out of tune.  That being said, it is not so easy to find someone who can tune a sitar in Boston.  All of this, compounded with my work situation, saw my desire to do exercise of any sort, evaporate.  There was nothing I could do.  I felt very conflicted, and above all that my life was totally out of balance.
Anyway, I have been running again, and it is with the same spirit and joy that I had when we moved here 2 years ago, and I went for my first run along the Charles River.  Mind you, it is a bit tough as I have lost all my fitness and stamina, and whatever speed I had, has also vanished.  Still, this does matter, as I am enjoying it again, and am trying to do some of the other things I loved, like my German verb drills!
These pics are from my glorious run on Sunday.....what an awesome morning that was!



4 comments:

  1. The pics are great! Balance in life is very important. We all need those breaks. It's just a pity we lose the fitness so easily. Enjoy everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Johann. A balanced life tends to be a happy life. I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I share your enthusiasm for the German verb drills. I remember those from college.

    I remember in the movie Moulin Rouge something about a sitar but didn't realize it was a real instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    I want to offer you 100% unique content for your website.

    The content is 100% free, the system is fully automated.

    You can go now and pick from dozens of unique quality

    articles.

    Check out the details here:

    http://www.myfitnesscontent.com/

    Each article is completely unique to you, no other website

    on the net will have the same article. This means more

    visitors to your site.

    If you have any questions then please email us back!

    Thanks

    Patti L.

    ReplyDelete