Saturday, July 4, 2015

Tired girl!

My mother is visiting, and it has been rather hectic! it's exciting, but also there's lots to do - which means I sometimes feel a little tired and don't always go for a run when I want. Sometimes I go just the same, but do a really short run of maybe a mile or 2. This week has been a bit like that. Out every night or up late every night! Yesterday, was a full on day of shopping and trawling around the mall. It's not something I am wild about, but I am happy to do it with my mum, because she enjoys it. However, this week was also hectic, because basically I saw 3 operas in 7 days! Last Friday Stuart got tickets for "Les Troyens", which was excellent - and 5 hours long. Then Tuesday night we saw "Due Donne" - which is a modern interpretation of "La Ciociara". It was terrible. So terrible in fact, that we left after at the intermission. Not only was the singing dreadful, but this particular opera seems to bring out all the perverts. The bloke in front of us only watched all the sexual violence scenes - and with binoculars at that. Not opera glasses, but full on 10x57 ones! Then last night, we saw "Le Nozze di Figaro" - 4 hours long with 3 intermissions. I like that opera, but I needed to go to bed early as we had a race this morning. Of course that wasn't happening and didn't get to bed until 1am! I was wrecked, and there was no way I could have run this morning. So we agreed not to do the race. This is a bit disappointing, but under the circumstances, I think I made the right decision. I will go out later for a run, but right now I need to have a rest and get my legs in working order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment