Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's almost been a year!

It's almost been a year since I last wrote anything! I'm sorry I haven't even responded to the kind comments you all posted on my previous piece.  There is no excuse, as I ran out steam to continue running, I found I no longer had anything to say.  I just ran out of words.

Almost 9 months later, I find myself in a new job, in a new city, with Stuart and Mr Jones in another.  Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Fast forward, and I have found my feet in his new place. I love California and the Bay Area - it reminds me so much of Cape Town. I feel as though I am "home" again......funny how that worked out.  Anyway, the weather is gorgeous most days, and waking up o blue skies almost daily, has slowly re-awoken something in me, and I suppose the end of    My operations, stitches and the like helps too! 

I am not sure I can run, bike and swim again with he same passion and dedication that I had before, but we'll see what happens.  I just can't do those things anymore - they give me no joy.  So I have had to find something else that occupies me to the same degree of intensity - cross fit.

I have started going to cross fit 3 x per week. And...I am enjoying it! I have some new challenges for myself, which I am exited about. I think it's going to be a hard battle back to fitness, but as you know, I never, ever give up.  Well, more later, and I hope you are all well, and running faster and stronger!

1 comment:

  1. Scrivere sul blog non può essere una priorità, specialmente quando nascono nuove situazioni come quelle che stai vivendo tu.
    La lontananza delle persone che ci devono stare vicine è un peso da trascinare ma la sensazione positiva che ti regala il nuovo luogo di permanenza
    sarà certamente un fattore di sollievo.

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete