Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays from New Mexico!


After a 3 and a half day drive, we arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  What a terrific trip this is turning out to be.  We left Boston just as the snowy weather started closing in.  There were however moments of doubt whether we would make it to the Land of Enchantment, as we were driving through snowy Pennsylvania.  Well, we got here to some pretty cold and snowy weather, and this is apparently is very cold for NM (22 degrees).  Well, I am having a great time here, there is so much to see and do.  However, there is not much chance or running as this is a city of busy motorways and long strips of shops, just like in 1950s movies.  I am doing what I can, but there is no serious running going on - in fact I am having to make do with plyometrics.
On the other hand, I have eaten some of the best Mexican food ever.  We have visited many exhibitions and have really tried to make the most of our time here.  Therefore, no complaints from me about not being able to do any rave runs, but I am very thankful that we had the chance to see this wonderful corner of the US.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're almost in my neck of the woods. it sounds like you're having a good trip.

    ReplyDelete