Wednesday, September 2, 2009

That sweet spot...

My programme today consisted of running for 40 minutes at a "conversational pace". I arrived home feeling drained, but having skipped my cycling yesterday (too much down time, then I started watching tele), I changed as soon as I got home, and went down to the gym.
After warming up for 10 minutes, I ran at 6 mph for 20, walked for 2 minutes and then finished with 8 minutes at 6.7 mph. That was a super formula for me today. It got me back in the zone, and I felt great afterwards. Had a quick stretch, a shower and made a frittata for dinner (I'll translate the recipe another time).
Now finally off to bed, and I recommend this 'formula' to anyone who is having a difficult moment with their running. Don't worry about going outside, just get on the treadmill and start running. Set a reasonable goal (even if you are used to running for not less than an hour), and finish it. If you are lucky enough to hit the sweet spot like I did today, it will be the quality of the run, rather than the length of time, that gets you to the next stage - your next run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment