Sunday, January 4, 2009

Brooks Infiniti & a test run thru snow, ice, slush and water


Today was such a beautiful day. The sky was blue, the sun shone and it seemed like the world was out running. I had arranged to go running with Caroline, a friend I had met since moving here, and decided that this would be the perfect time to try out my new Infiniti.
A short trial run on the treadmill proved that I had indeed made the right choice - the shoes were a delight, and much lighter than my old ones. The outdoor run would be the real proof of the pudding. We set off at an easy pace since the path around the river had been considerably narrowed due to the piles of snow all around. In places the snow had melted and then frozen making for slippery conditions. In other places there were just large puddles of water. There were lots of people running, and the the shoes were put through their paces in snow and sludge. My experience with these shoes has been very positive. Caroline liked them too and she's off to see Jason on Tuesday for her new pair.
Besides the shoes though, the day was gorgeous, and running outside raised the spirits, and once again made me feel that the stair climb I have looming in February is a very doable experience. After all, doesn't Lance Armstrong say something about pain being temporary and victory being permanent??

No comments:

Post a Comment