My previous post did not really get to the nitty gritty of the matter, so to sum up, this is how it went down for me.
How to get out of a funk:
1. Accept it for what it is - a funk.
2. Accept that it might take a bit of time to get out of it.
3. Cycle, do the elliptical, do yoga...just do 1 thing, 1 step at a time.
4. Control what you eat - that is the only thing you CAN control, so be ruthless.
5. Read other people's running blogs - it helps refocus the mind and offers great encouragement.
6. Do not be afraid to ask for help - other people may have been to Funkville too!
7. Use this time to catch up on other stuff.
8. Sign up for something. You will appreciate what it means to run all over again.
9. Do not set absurd expectations: no training does not procure miraculous results.
10. When you finally leave Funkville, roll up your sleeves, work hard and you will get back on track.