Monday, September 14, 2009

An eight mile run in Ohio.


Training this week was a bit of a hit and a miss.  I only did 1 short run as there was so much to do at work.  In addition, we were driving up to Ohio as Stuart had tickets to the Ohio State vs USC game.  The game was great, and although I do not know too much about American Football, I have decided to learn a bit more about it.  I have watched a few games on telly, but it's quite something to sit with a crowd of 106,033 spectators!
However, come Sunday and I had a long run scheduled.  It was tough to get into the mental frame of it, since the long drive up, the game and sightseeing had all left me in dire need of a relax.  Still, I managed to do the run, and am pleased to report that I have improved my time by 20 minutes.  The last time (Jan) I did an 8 mile run, it took me 1 hour and 40 minutes.  On Sunday it took me 1 hour 25 minutes.
All in all, I had a great run, a great long weekend, and the game was terrific!  I also had some time to think about nutrition and diets, but that's for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment