Friday, February 20, 2009

Why is this happening to me?? @%^%*&£*!

I feel sick. That is the long and short of it. Yesterday I ran for 1.5 miles before I stopped. Stopped, or I would have fainted. I walked a bit then ran some more until I had to stop and go home. I was sweating profusely, had a dry mouth and could not feel my lungs anymore. I also could not feel my legs. Fine, I thought, I probably have not eaten enough.
Today I consumed extra calories and made sure I was well hydrated before I started my run. This time I made it to 2.5 miles before I had to stop. Not only did I feel faint again, my head was spinning, dry mouthed, and my legs felt like jelly. It was as though I had never run in my life - ever. This time there was no second round, my legs could not function. I had to hold onto the bars of the treadmill and WALK.
How on earth am I going to run 6 miles on Sunday? I feel physically run down and tired. Mind you, I have only been feeling like that this week. OK, last week I spent the long weekend in bed with a fever, chills and all the rest of it. But that was then. Things seemed fine on Tuesday when I did my brick. Well, thankfully I am not driving to Hyannis. I have no idea why Carrie is not going, but I managed to arrange a lift today with one of the Luna Chix.
Thinking about Hyannis makes me tired. I have no idea how the hell I am going to manage 6 miles and I feel miffed that I will probably not stay under an hour. Ironically I had hoped to shave off a few minutes on my 10K time in this race, but as things stand......I will be lucky to finish the race. Enough. I am going to have a glass of wine and a warm shower. I don't want to think about this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment